Congrats on booking a sit! We’ve compiled some tips for how to make each sit a success – and get the best reviews possible:
- Don’t cancel now. Cancelling on a parent at late notice will unfortunately result in the system suspending your Bubble profile. We know there are always emergencies, but this policy is required to protect the platform’s integrity, for both the parents and the other sitters who would like more work.
- Message the parent beforehand. Sitters who communicate with parents in advance have a much higher success and rebooking rate, so make sure to reach out ahead of time and message parents through the in-app chat. Check what the parent expects from you and feel free to ask any questions you might have in relation to the sit.
- Arrive early. If you want to give yourself the best chance possible of securing more work, showing up a few minutes early makes a great impression. Ensure that you’ve checked your route well ahead of time to avoid any last-minute delays.
- Update them during the sit. Parents love proactive sitters, so it’s a great idea to drop them a friendly message during the sit, just to let them know everything’s OK. It reassures them and shows them how reliable you are!
- Ensure they pay you via the app. When the sit is stopped in the app, make sure the parent only pays you via Bubble. Do not accept cash payment – if they’d like to give you a tip, they can simply add one on while paying in the app.
If you follow the above advice you’re far more likely to get better reviews, more rebookings and more work all round.
Have a great sit, and if you’ve got any questions feel free to email email@example.com.