(Please note: this fee structure is coming into effect on 15th May, 2018.)
In order to verify and showcase user profiles, operate the platform and connect more families with great sitters, a small platform fee, payable by the parent, is applied to every sit.
The fee is included in the sitter’s hourly rate as shown in the app and the precise % applied depends on two things:
- How many times previously the parent has booked this specific babysitter.
- Whether the babysitter has achieved ‘Super Sitter’ status on bubble during the previous calendar month.
The standard platform fee included the sitter’s hourly rate will be calculated as follows:
- 10%: When it is the 1st sit between a parent and a babysitter.
- 8%: When it is sit 2-5 between a parent and the same babysitter.
- 5%: When it is the 6th sit onwards between a parent and the same babysitter.
However, there are lower platform fees applied when parents book bubble ‘super sitters’.
A ‘Super Sitter’ on bubble is someone who did 5+ sits on the app in the previous calendar month.
bubble wants to recognise and reward babysitters for their great work on the platform. So lower platform fees are applied when the parent books a ‘super sitter’. These are:
- 7.5%: When it is the first sit between a parent and a ‘Super Sitter’.
- 5%: When it is sit 2-5 between a parent and the same ‘Super Sitter’.
- 3.5%: When it is the 6th sit onwards between a parent and the same ‘Super Sitter’.
Some additional points:
- There are never any platform fees applied for tips or extra payments to the sitter.
- There are never any platform fees applied when parents are using sitters who referred them to the app.
- Parents in new bubble towns and cities may pay a lower introductory rate as a Platform Fee.
Show me an example please!
Using a £30 sit as an example, below are the typical %s of a sitter’s hourly rate that a parent will pay per sit in platform fees.
|Standard Rate||Booking ‘Super Sitters’|
|1st sit with a new Sitter||£3 (10%)||£2.25 (7.5%)|
|Sits 2-5 with the same sitter||£2.40 (8%)||£1.50 (5%)|
|Sit 6 onwards with the same sitter||£1.50 (5%)||£1.05 (3.5%)|
Got more questions?
Get in touch!
We hope this guide is clear but if not, please don’t hesitate to drop us an email with any questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org